Have you started planning your Easter Sunday lunch? Did you already purchase your ham, or will you be shopping with everyone else on Saturday?
If you haven’t shopped yet, allow us to give you a few tips on how to purchase the ideal ham for your meal.
- Bone-in ham is typically more flavorful than a boneless ham and looks gorgeous on a decorated table! Many bone-in hams are already spiral sliced into thin pieces that are easily pulled away for serving. If you decide on a bone-in ham, you should purchase about 3/4 pound per guest.
- For a boneless ham, you’ll need about 1/4 pound per person as there is more meat per pound with a boneless ham.
- Depending on the type of ham purchased, cooking times can vary from 10 to 30 minutes per pound. Make sure to set aside enough time to reach a minimum of 150 degrees F on your internal temperature.
- Plan for leftovers! Ham can last up to a week if kept tightly wrapped in the refrigerator.
- Our final tip is very important! Use Legg’s Ham Glaze, Blend 217, to season your ham! It is the perfect, simple addition for ham during the holidays or any time of the year. ! This glaze is sweet with a great blend of warm spices including cinnamon, clove, and allspice.
You can purchase your Legg’s Ham Glaze by visiting our Distributors’ page. We know using Legg’s Ham Glaze and these tips will ensure your Sunday ham will turn out delectably!